So you and your BFF have decided it is time for a little R&R. It needs to be somewhere sunny with beautiful white sand beaches. You also don’t want to spend have your trip travelling so it must be somewhere close by. Costa Rica fits the bill. With beautiful beaches, endless sunshine and many direct routes from the U.S. and Europe, Costa Rica is a great destination for a quick break. However, Costa Rica also happens to be a great destination for single ladies. Below are five reasons why vacationing in Costa Rica is a smart choice for a single girl.
1. It’s Affordable. Your travel Dollar will go further in Costa Rica. The airlines have committed routes to Costa Rica. This means there will be times when airlines get stuck with empty seats. Sign up for deal alerts with the airlines that service Costa Rica and you’ll be sure to snag a bargain fair. Costa Rica has also seen a boom of private home development. Most of the new development belongs to foreign owners who rent their properties when they are not using them. Invite your favorite girlfriends and you’ll be staying in a swank four-star private residence for a fraction of what you would each pay individually for a hotel. Even better, the property managers of these units can arrange everything from food delivery to spa treatments in your Costa Rica house rental.
2. It’s Close By. Costa Rica is surprising close to the U.S. It is only a 2.5 hour flight from Miami or Houston. There is non-stop service from those two cities as well as New York and Chicago. In addition, the airlines have added non-stop service from European cities such as Frankfurt, Madrid and London. Check with the air lines as they seem to be constantly opening new routes. The availability of direct flights means you can spend more time on the beach and less time travelling.
3. It’s Safe. Costa Rica is statistically safer than most major cities. The majority of the crime is committed in the capital San Jose and sketchy areas of the Carribean, which any up to date guide will advise you to avoid. For a girl heading to the Pacific Coast, Costa Rica is an extremely safe place to visit. This doesn’t mean that you and your girls can be careless – any tourist area will have its share of petty crime. Reserve your Costa Rica house rental for sleeping – keep the party in the bars. However, Costa Rica’s strong economy and high employment rate mean you can relax and enjoy your girls’ trip without worrying about your safety.
4. It’s Packed with Cute Single Guys. Okay, maybe this should have been number one! Costa Rica has become somewhat of a melting pot. Besides the handsome local guys, Costa Rica’s burgeoning tourist industry and killer surf have attracted single guys from all over the world. Make your way to a fun destination like Tamarindo and you will run into Ticos (Costa Ricans), Argentinians, Italians, French, Canadian and American (amongst others) guys all vying for your attention. With so many choices, you may have to extend your trip.
5. It’s Gorgeous. Even without the other great advantages listed above, Costa Rica is a gorgeous tropical paradise. Crystal clear waters, warm ocean breezes, soft white sand and ridiculously colorful sunsets are some of Costa Rica’s natural charms. Costa Rica was recently voted the happiest place on earth. When you see the natural surroundings and experience the relaxed friendly local vibe known as “Pura Vida” you’ll understand why. Make sure to book a ticket that doesn’t allow changes. You would not be the first girl that came to Costa Rica on vacation and wound up staying!
Costa Rica is the perfect destination for a girls’ getaway. Do some smart shopping for airline tickets, book that perfect Tamarindo House Rental, and pack some sunscreen and you will have an affordable, safe, girls’ tropical adventure.
Horizon Pacific Management & Rentalsis located in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. Offering vacation rentals, property management, long-term rentals, as well as a complete concierge service. Providing you with a local contact during your stay, Horizon Pacific is a company you can trust, with the experience you need.